Training programs are intended to be maturation specific and cover the training elements required for all Skater development levels. These programs are not specifically for speed skating and cover a broad range of movements & skills, to enhance the chances for your enjoyment in all sports, in the future.
Read SSC -Long term Athlete Development Material some very good and information information for parents of skaters of all ages.
This is how children grow into athletes – there are no short cuts
L2SS & L2T programs are intended for younger skaters still developing their strength & technical skills. If your Child is getting all the Agility, Balance, Coordination skills along with speed & aerobic development within their other sports and games. That is fine. There will be no need to do any extra programs. Young athletes in these stages need to develop a love for their sport(s) as well as develop the work ethic that will sustain them, if they wish to have success at later stages.
Learn 2 Speed Skate programs
“FUNdamental skills & Movements in speed skating”
Skaters are beginning on & off ice development programs for those just beginning the sport of speed skating
To get to L2SS Program –click here
Learn to Train programs
SUCCESS is a Journey – Not a Destination!
SUCCESS is not a sometime thing, SUCCESS IS A HABIT!!
Nutrition & Hydration Guidelines – Click here
L2T & T2T dryland training minimums for 2013 – Click Here
At the T2T & T2T-CWG level:
- Programs become much more sport specific and a MUST for those that wish to be on the Provincial Long track or Short Track speed skating teams.
- The effort and commitment at your club practices [ BOTH on & OFF the ICE ] will be the determining factor to reaching for a position on the Provincial Team.
- The difference between the T2T and L2C programs depends on work volumes as well as program intensities
- You should be able to do a T2T program before you do a L2T program
- Make sure you ask your coach or the Provincial Coach , which programs will be best suited too you !
Train to Train (T2T)
Train to train -CWG (T2T-CWG)
- NUTRITION : You need to FUEL the FIRE !
- Rest and RECOVERY – An over looked factor for serious athletes
- Aerobic Development is a huge requirement in Speed Skating
- STRENGTH DEVELOPMENT is a required element of Speed skating
- Flexibility programs available for all levels of skaters.